news writers schools contact kid books teen books about

21.7.11

More on my "new" office

I've actually had access to this room in my husband's office for several months, but didn't fully move in and start working here until about four weeks ago, when my youngest started summer camp.
When he was in kindergarten I often only have about 2 and a half hours to work. It takes about 20 minutes to drive to the office and I usually chose not to when I had such a short window of time.

Now I have five hours (and will have even more when he starts first grade in the fall) and the commute isn't such a significant percentage of my work time.

I love the way that I'm now conditioned to working in this space. I step through the door and my brain instantly goes to my book. It's getting harder to work in other spaces. I had to work at home the other day while waiting for a repair person and was not productive at all. I love being in a space where my only responsibilities are to my book.

And I will enjoy decorating it over time. It's still quite sparse, but here are a few of the things I've added to it so far.
my lovely lamp

art and office supplies with inspirational wordage


cozy reading space
flowery bulletin board
Wall stickers!

And now I must prove that what I said about this space is true, and get back to work.

Labels: