news writers schools contact kid books teen books about

10.9.07

A technophobe? Me?

My old printer died. It lived a long life and served me well, and I got a new nicer (because it's six years newer) printer, but I don't like it as much as my old printer yet. It doesn't hold as much paper. I don't know where all the button thingamajiggies are.

Hmmm...
As much as I hate to admit it, I may have technology issues. Certain husbands-who-live-in-this-house-with-me think new buttons are very exciting, not cause for consternation.

Also, another reason I may have to admit to being technologically delayed is that this week was my very first time using Power Point. Ever. I made half a slide. I am very proud of it. It will someday be the first slide in my "Day in the Life of an Author" school visit presentation which schools are already clamoring for. (As a matter of fact, it's such a good half-slide, I might not have to add anything further!)

However, I do blog. (Exhibit A is on your screen right now.) And technologically speaking, that's pretty hip, right? Well, I guess if I was really cool I'd vlog, but we can't all be Hank and John Green, now can we?

Already my kids do things on the computer I will never be able to do. (Have you tried Line Rider? It's hard!) I just accept that.
I have fun trying though. (As long as my kids aren't in the room laughing at me.)

Labels: ,