news writers schools contact kid books teen books about

26.4.07

Fond Memories

So, I've been thinking a lot about high school lately. (Because who doesn't like to remember those years? ; ))
Here are some random moments--most embarrassing, but not all embarrassing to me.

1. Mr. Hazenthal blew his nose and left a snot hanging there for the rest of the class period. No one told him.
2. In Forensics I had to recite (with feeling) a poem by Sylvia Plath. My teacher wanted me to say the line "pushing the enemas out like ice cream" with a grunt. I couldn't do it, but that line has never left me.
3. I baked a pie for a boy I liked. I went to high school in the eighties for crying out loud, not the fifties. Baked a pie! What was I thinking?
4. I wore mainly skirts and dresses and really wild printed tights. Yeah, someone needed to give me a fashion clue.

And yet, even with all that, high school is still an age I love to write and read about. There is just something so powerful about that transistion time between childhood and adulthood.

And appropos of nothing...I joined the class of 2k8. Let me tell you, there are going to be some pretty amazing books out there in 2008. Get ready!

Jenny

Labels: ,