news writers schools contact kid books teen books about

5.6.07

It's my first Meme!

That's some sort of right of passage, no?

1. Are you a writer or an illustrator? Or both?
Writer, definitely writer.

2. How long have you been blogging? Who inspired you to begin blogging?
I've only been blogging consistently for a couple of months, (although I made one post a year ago when I set up my account. It's since been deleted because it said something dumb, like "Look at me, I have a blog." I was inspired to blog by all the other great children's book writers whose blogs I enjoy reading.

3.Where do you blog? What noise is in the background?
Well, I blog at my dining room table, in the comfy chair in my office, in bed, on the couch. Right now the noise in the background is my toddler reading himself Byron Barton's Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs.

4.What is the primary reason you blog?
Well, I guess it's to market myself, but that doesn't sound so nice, huh? How about I blog because I have a lot of random things to say and I think the world might be a better place if I put them in cyberspace?

5.What has been the unexpected delight of blogging?
Getting comments, definitely! People actually read this?

6.What has been the hardest part of blogging?
Blogging.

7. Describe your day in detail from the time you wake up until the time you go to bed.
Are you kidding me? If I did that you'd understand that I really don't have time to do that.

8. Have you ever had a guest blogger or done a virtual book tour?
No. I think you have to be cooler than I am to do that.

9. Of all the blogs you read, what is your favorite?
Well, I always check Brotherhood 2.0 and John Green's blog. I also enjoy reading Lisa Yee's blog, Editorial Anonymous, Fuse #8, Meg Cabot's blog, Maureen Johnson's blog and Blogging for Mom

10. Which kidlit blogger would you like to meet in person?
That'd be John Green. For the laughs, and because maybe some of his magic sheds and would get stuck to my clothes.